When I first saw this pattern, I knew I had to make it. A quick search on Craftster told me that I wasn't the only one who felt that way about it. I'm going to a wedding in July, so I even had good reason to make a nice dress (and buy new shoes, whee!).
The combination SLR, small appartment and small mirror makes it hard to take good self portraits, but hopefully you can get an impression of my dresses.
For the first one I made the bust darts almost twice as large as the pattern to keep it from gaping by the arm pit. I also replaced the snaps and fake buttons suggested in the pattern with a bow. Right now a safety pin is holding it in place underneath the bow, but I plan to add a hook and eye closure. The polka dot fabric is Robert Kaufman, the other is just plain cotton. Satin bias tape all around.
It fits nicely in the bodice, but me holding my arm up to take the picture makes it look a bit wonky.
Although I was really happy with the first one, I felt inspired to make another one with a few alterations. And since I'd made a mess of the living room anyway, I might as well sew some more.
For the second one I cut a more square neckline, in both front and back, and I also reduced the skirt to half circle and shortened it slightly. I think this one is my favourite, I just love the fabric! It's from Michael Miller and there was just enough left to make this dress. The buttons are pale pink mother of pearl and they have bias tape loops.
The front came out a bit larger on this one for some reason, so I might take it in a bit.
The dresses took me a couple of days each to make, but that included breaks and time spent with the horse, so in reality actual sewing time was more like four or five hours each.