I haven't seen the scarves that are all fringe. Do you have a link to any?
For the hats, I started following these intructions
, but I ended up adapting them slightly. Here's what I did:
1. Measure fleece to 13" for hat length, and approx. 23" (adjust to your head size) for circumference. Cut fabric. Fold fabric in half lengthwise and cut in half (so you should end up with 2 pieces that are about 11 1/2" x 13").
2. Sew along both 13" lengths.
3. Sew along one 11 1/2" length.
4. Keeping hat inside out, trim away excess seam. (Since the brim will be turned up, you don't want excess seams showing.)
5. With hat still inside out, align seams so that they are one on top of the other. The tips should form triangles at the top.
6. Stitch a single row across the top of the triangle, about 1/4-1/2" down. Trim away excess seam.
7. Turn hat right side out. Fold up seam and hem around the brim. Trim away excess seam.
8. To create a pom-pom, see instructions on Martha site above.
9. Voila! You're done. To wear, the brim is folded upwards.