Two new projects finished! A few more in the wings, just need to do finishing work on them before posting
I used McCalls M5094 View C. I made a few tweaks, such as adding the contrasting band at the hem and tweaking the bodice so there is an overlap in the middle. The original had too much of a plunging neckline for my tastes
It's fully lined, although the skirt lining was an afterthought so pretty shoddily done, if I do say so myself. I'm still toying with the idea of ripping out the zipper and putting in a longer one so I can step in/out. I can imagine being sweaty and sticky in the summer and how much more difficult it would be :p
Dress #2 is my take on the Coffee-Date Dress by elainemay (http://selfishseamstress.wordpress.com/
). It's a free pattern (http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/coffee-date-dress-multisize-sample
)! The dress bodice I made from a white cotton poplin remnant from my halloween costume a few years back. The black band is scrap from a skirt I made. The blue is twill from a failed ambition to sew scrubs. Since the pattern doesn't come with seam allowances added, I cut out a few sizes bigger than my own and that seemed to fit. I'd change a few things for next time though. The bodice needs to be widened, the straps lengthened, and I need to learn how to make non-pointy darts. As you can see, I had to add extra fabric at the back to make it wide enough. My dart placement is probably waaay off (I extended them way above the nipple line because I hate the illusion of perky nipples). Overall I think it turned out well. The bodice is fully lined, which is different from the pattern (the pattern only calls for facings).