Made this for the 13 days of Halloween swap.
I was inspired by a pinterest pin for this piece:
(Which I tracked down the source - because the original pin didn't link to it - and found these instructions
Basically, what I did was start with a 10" white foam wreath from Michael's. Then I used a trade paperback copy of Twilight and tore about 300 pages out of it. (I know! Destroying books is unnatural. But I figured it was the single best use for that book ever.
) I covered the front and back in stacked, flat-rolled layers. Then I covered in the inside "ring" of the wreath with pages. Then I rolled up a ton of pages, tied them with a beige yarn and glued those on top. Then I filled in even MORE flat-folded pages to cover any gaps.
After that, I glued in some moss. The raven came with it's feet wired together to "stand" so I cut it and used the wire to poke into the wreath. That worked great and it anchored nicely.
Like I said, it took about 300 or so pages of the book. And so many sticks of hot glue I lost count. I'd work on it in patches because there's only so much you can hot glue things at a time without burning yourself.
Plus, I found it best to make up a big batch of paper rolls at once because I used WAY more than I thought I would each time and when the hot glue was flowing, it was hard to pause to make more after each piece.
There's some more details and larger versions of the pics here in my blog: http://www.phoenixfiredesigns.com/blog/2014/10/the-raven-book-pages-halloween-wreath/
Unfortunately, I really didn't think to get in progress shots though.
It was a TON of work but I was so happy with how it came out!