12/5 UPDATED!ABOUT: Greetings everyone! I'm a 31 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. I'm a solitary, eclectic Pagan and around here we celebrate a secular (non-religious) Christmas and I personally observe Solstice/Yule as well. I LOVE this time of year. And I LOVE Winter motif things - snow, snowmen, deer, penguins, candy canes, polar bears, etc. My favorite holiday colors are red/green with gold and blue/white with silver. I'm still a bit of a little kid about the holidays and I get really excited about the whole thing. I love the colors and the styles, and the fun, and the energy of the holidays and I'm big into spreading joy.
I run a small online jewelry business and work a couple days a week in a part-time position as an Admin Assistant. I suffer from chronic health conditions and some days are worse than others but what can you do but push through? Love and I are HUGE Disney geeks and are Annual Passholders to Walt Disney World. We go there at least once a month. We're fun and goofy and after ten years, still enjoy spending time with each other. FAVORITES: My favorite colors are jewel tones like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber. I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes.ALLERGIES: I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchoulli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both. Also, because it's Florida and it's hot here all year, and because I'm already the family baker for the season I'd rather not receive perishables like baked goods.
Here are my wist and wishlist. If it's on there, I want it. So it's a good resource for surprising me or finding more about the kinds of things I like. Feel free to improvise!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/PhoenixFireDesigns
My Amazon wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/397IKAEGOJ51E/
My blog (for stalking purposes): http://www.giveneyestosee.com/journal~ * ~ Crafts ~ * ~
- *BIG WISH*
An apron like this
especially if it were in teal blue and chocolate brown colors. (Or used like cute owl fabric or such.)
- *BIG WISH*
Something stained glass. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself.
- *BIG WISH*
a robe like this one
Unfortunately, it's off their site so I don't have a larger image, but it's just so lovely and I desperately need a robe. (3/4 length or long-sleeves, and mid-length overall. Not too short, not too long.)
- Fused glass, glass (microscope) slide or resin pendants you think I'd like.
- Something ceramic like pottery or vase or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but love.
- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft (but preferably not wool because it itches me) I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. (HUGE bonus if it's argyle pattern. I don't know why but I love argyle.)
- Anything with a phoenix on it. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items here
- Camera case like this
. Brown and blue I love together and dark red is one of my favorite accessory colors.
- Things for my apartment in Teal Blue and Chocolate Brown. I love these colors together. And I'd love something in them for the home. A quilt or throw; art; kitchen accessories; pillows; curtains, etc., etc. For inspiration: living room #1
, tv stand
We're getting rid of the white furniture - it was a handmedown - but we're here for another year so help!
- A set of sewn/quilted coasters. I love everything about this set
- wrist warmers in this pattern
It's just utterly cool.
- My very own Hot Cocoa TP cover
- Wintery things. Decoration, ornament, home decor things. Motifs: penguins, polar bears, snow, snowmen, etc.
- Yule/Solstice items. Things that represent the traditions or imagery of the day, or things that could be used to celebrate the day. (Candles, wreaths, stars, etc.)
- this scarf in these exact colors
I think this is one of the most perfect things ever. I don't really need scarves as a rule because I live in Florida, but I'd find reasons to wear one like this!
- ribbon organizer
Doesn't have to be this fabric. It's more the idea and the style of storage that I like here. Chocolate/Teal color combo would be great as would fun/cute fabric or prints (like owls or something.)
- Disney stuff. Be it characters (like Mickey, Figment, Belle, Mike & Sulley, etc.) or movies (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Monster's Inc., Lady and the Tramp, etc.) or the parks (I live near WDW but I've never been to Disneyland), or historical stuff (books on Walt or the making of the parks, etc.), or things I can use/take to/wear about any of the above, I LOVE DISNEY. So by all means, get creative!
- Something incorporating owls, penguins, bats, cats or red foxes. They're my favorite animals.
- A sewing machine cover! I'm a new sewer and it'd be fun to have a cover for it. I have a Brother XL2600I
- Surprise me!
Look at my wists
or my wishlist
, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I'd like.~ * ~ Craft Supplies ~ * ~
- *BIG WISH*
Copper foil tape. Used in making microscope slide pendants and other glass projects. I can't find it anywhere!
- *BIG WISH*
Sewing supplies: Rotary cutter, self-healing board, threads, FABRICS, notions, etc. I'm just learning to sew so I'm totally open to just about anything.
- Starter resin kit/supplies (resin, molds, etc.)
- Sewing box or some way to organize my newly developing sewing accessories and items.
- Starter kit or supplies to carve my own rubber stamps
- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles, and jewelry wire in 16 gauge and 24 gauge in any color. Gemstone chips are awesome as well since I make Tree of Life pendants with them.
- Crafty books from my amazon wishlist
like The Softies Kit
or Hello, Cupcake!
or quillingThank you and I hope everyone has a beautiful holiday season!