I made these little guys as a gift for my boyfriend. I think they would make very cute treats to bring to a Christmas party!
And here's how to make them!
You will need: frozen halved strawberries (or fresh), bakers chocolate (amount varies depending on how many you want to make; I used two squares for these guys), and gel icing or something to make the eyes with, wax paper, and toothpicks.
1. Line a tray with wax paper.
2. Select out some strawberries that are cut approximately down the middle.
3. Heat up the bakers chocolate. I used the microwave. Be careful, it burns easily! You just need to warm it up so that you can stir it until it melts all the way.
4. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, coating all sides, and place them on the wax paper to cool and harden (this will happen quickly because the strawberries are frozen).
5. Using the remaining chocolate in the bowl, scrape up some chocolate on a toothpick. Dab the toothpick chocolate on the hardened chocolate of the strawberries (this is how you make the quills). Leave an area near the point of the strawberry smooth, for the face.
6. Dot on eyes using the gel icing.