So, for my fibers class we had to create a "cloth of honor". Basically, a wall hanging meant to honor a person or guest of honor.
I didn't want to make something flat. and boring.
so i overachieved and made a dress, inteded to honor the character of "Ophelia" from hamlet. Definately pushed the limits of the assignment xD
About the dress:
The dress is made out of hand dyed and bleached muslin, plain green satin, hand dyed print cotton, and tulle.The top half was created by dying a flower-printed cotton using a two-color shibori technique. It was draped on a maniquine i made to fit me, and then the waistband was attatched. The waistband is made of green satin, and has vines embroidered on it in silver threads. The skirt was made out of five yards of muslin, all hand dyed, first a full dye of blues and greens, then a dye in blue to create a ripple effect, then more shibori tye dyes in blue and green, then finally spray bleached whilst hanging in folds to create drips. Then the whole thing was pleated and attched to the waistband. The skirt was then slashed into multiple strips, then i used a cheesegrater to fray and distress all the ends. I then added poofs and strips of tulle. The dress is open in the back. It buttons in the back at the waist, and has a gray ribbon stretching across the shoulders in back. The whole thing was then dyed in a vat of green dye to help create a more uniform look.
Edit: Yay I can post images now!