According to Wikipedia: Fukubukuro (福袋 lucky bag, mystery bag) is a Japanese New Year's Day custom where merchants make grab bags filled with unknown random contents and sell them for a substantial discount…
Start your crafty New Year with this swap! This swap basically is make your own lucky bag (out of whatever you like) and fill it with crafts supplies, candies/snacks and crafted items. Yes, all 3.
I just realised that it wasn't probably clear but the bag does not count as a small crafted item. Please do take note!Gallery is up: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=396992.0
Details of swap:
- This swap requires a minimum
of 2 small crafted items (or 1 medium), then go ahead and fill/stuff it with craft supplies and candies/snacks.
- If you go by point system, it would be a minimum of 3 point swap (your crafted items are already 2 points so you have to fill the bag with 1 point of supplies and candies).
- Since this a small 3 points swap, you can choose to swap with 2 partners.
- Size of bag: 9 by 7inch with the width of 1inch (approx.)
Swap guidelines/ points:
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less
Swap name: Fukubukuro 福袋 lucky bag Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: cold.dinner
Sign-up date range: 11/08/2011-11/15/2011
Date to send item by: 12/12/2011
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NOSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
Would you like to have 1 or 2 partners?
1. Do you have any allergies?
2. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
3. What is your favourite crafting medium (knit, crochet, sew, etc)?
4. Favorite colors?
5. Least favorite colors?
6. Please name at least 5 crafted items that you would love to receive:
7. Please name at least 5 crafted items that you would be comfortable making:
8. What kinds of craft supplies would you like to receive?
9. What kind of craft supplies do you have too many already?
10. Are there any patterns/designs that you love?
11. Are there any patterns/designs that you can't stand?
12. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes?
13. Are there any items you would not wish to receive?
14. Are there any specific snacks/candies you would love to receive?
15. Any snacks that you do not wish to receive?
16. If you have any strong dislikes, please let them be known:
17. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc:
18. If you gave very short answers to the above questions, or if you don't have a Wist, etc, tell a little more about yourself - work, hobbies, family, etc. to give your partner more ideas on what to craft for you.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swapParticipants:
2. southern flower
4. Miss Barbara
- Sent packageGreen
- Package arrived to partner.
- Feedback doneOrange
- Sending late with communicationRed
- problem, please contact your organizer
Partners!! (in no particular order):
gotgrey Miss Barbara
<-> super_crayolaSerenthia <->
puzzler badpuppy <-> amnesia Mandymo13 <-> Pixiefirefly ironic <-> Anubisheart Onyxnox <-> Krafty_Karasu cold.dinner <-> sinellia
professionalpineapple <-> southern flower
silentblair <-> Chrissycraft kjbaloo <-> hgddm xxmyjelloxx <-> Onyxnox hgddm <-> Miss Barbara
Chrissycraft <-> Serenthia
super_crayola <-> professionalpineapple
puzzler <-> ironic
Gallery is up: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=396992.0