So after being totally inspired by all those other painted shoes on this site....
I decided to make my own!
yup, as simple as that.
So lets just get to the main part...
First, the materials:
- $3.95 white canvas shoes (from Walmart, of course)
- $1.42 'coffee bean' acrylic paint
- $1.42 'ivory white' acrylic paint
- $1.00 set of 3 brushes(one not in pic) from a dollar store
- seam ripper and masking tape from home
Secondly, took out the tongue of the shoes using a seam ripper
Thirdly, taped the bottom part and then painted them brown:
Fourthly, taped the design and painted with ivory white:
Fifthly(?), sewed back on the tongue of the shoe (this part was NOT easy!):
(yay i'm so proud of my FIRST EVER painted shoes!)
...... and my favorite little detail on the inside back of the shoes!!:
the masking tape didn't do a very good job and the white paint bled(is that what you call it?) and became not very clean lines, but it's not too visible from a far, so I guess you could say that I'm content
I got lots of compliments today when I wore them
Comments and Criticism are appreciated!