I recently worked on a production of The Wizard of Oz, and after much to do of what to do about Glinda's dress I made this from a $20 bridesmaid dress I found at Goodwill. Glinda had to be in a pink dress, sparkly and bubbles if possible and with a budget of nothing! I was able to make this gown for $50 total.
There's some detailing you can't see, I embroidered scrolls in iridescent thread along the pink on the skirt. The iridescent fabric shimmered in green which was very Oz-zy and I thought a great touch. It seemed to fit well. A local blogger featured it as his cover pic for the show's review.
(ooh, and proud parent moment, that's my mushroom kid up there! I did the lollipop guild's overalls too, our of an old Amtrak blanket from Goodwill.)