Okay, somehow I lost the whole thing ... Let's start over!
I'm done! It turned out quite nicely, I think. Since Tribe did such a wonderful tute, I won't go into a lot of detail, just note a few differences:
1) Since my niece is busty, I did the bust increasing - but didn't want it all the way up, so decreased back down to the original number when I took the underarm stitches off.
2) 16 underarm/32 cast on - wish I'd thought of centering the cable like Tribe did!
3) Continued in the cable pattern all the way up to the final bit - confusing in the pattern because she said to go back to original cable pattern, but then kept talking about continue in RIB (and she capitalized the rib).
4) Really not sure why she said to remember front and back - I saw absolutely no difference between them.
5) For the sleeves, I unravelled the cast-on, picked up 10 stitches each side and continued in pattern.
Yarn: stash yarn, 50gm, 3+, nearly 4, really.
Gauge: 5 st to an inch (co 192)
A few pics:
The cast off after doing two rows of garter stitch turned out really wavy ...
So, I changed it to a decrease around the bind-off, about 1/3 (k1 bo k2tog bo)
This turned out much nicer.
I tried the crochet shells along the sleeve edge ...
Nahhhh, didn't work for me!
Instead of a ribbon (this color green proved impossible to match), I did an I-cord:
Here is the finished product - with yarn and my cute little Clover needles that let me do a sleeve without seams and without DPNs!!
I did manage to find a coworker willing to try it on - she doesn't fill it out like my niece will, but hey! any action shot is better than none, right? And she is a cutie, too, though she didn't really want her face in the shot!
Nice pattern, really! My model would like one! Though making it again, I think I would use the original Knitty "Tempting" directions for the sleeve.