To honor my DH that is serving in Afghanistan, I decided to make a purse out of a pair of his ACU's (Army uniform)
I used a Simplicity Pattern (2617) and left some steps out.
I made Pattern A
I did not quilt the top of the purse
I left out the Zipper on the inside Pocket and I left off the Magnetic Closure.
I made the front from the same ACU fabric ( the pattern calls for 2 different Fabrics)
I also left out the Padding in the Purse itself (I only put the Interfacing), but I did put the patting in the Strap.
I love my new Purse and I will still add some Velcro Patches to the front Pockets that I will embroider myself.
Pattern Purse made from Pattern A (the one that is shown hanging over the chair in the top left)
Front waiting for me to sew on the velcro parts
Inside Pocket and Lining (Pink Valentine fabric)