So, I know it is a little late (or early) for Halloween, but am finally getting around to posting on here!
I took a shirt of my rommmate's and attached it to part of some pajamas that my mom made me years ago. The sash is a belt thing I found at Wal-Mart for a couple dollars.
For my boy's costume, we just cut the neck of the shirt and used some leather cording. I wish I had a picture of the boots. He got these great knee high, women's boots on clearance. They were very heeled, however, so he sawed off the bottom, and it actually worked and they still held together!
The sawed off boots! They held up for the night, and are still holding up after a couple more wears!
The removed wedge. (Now used as a doorstop!)
The new boot bottom.
I am sure something could be done to fill in those holes and seal off the bottom so it would be more durable!
And, I know they still look like they are stuck in that curved, heeled position, but they flatten out when they are being worn!