warning: wall of text ahead. you can skip if you wish and just poke me to post pictures asap.
yay i'm kinda back. :] i'm actually in the middle of three yarns with ideas for a few more (but i only have two spindles, which is a bit of a bother) there are pictures for me to post, but i literally do not have enough drive space on my computer to edit them to an appropriate size. (4kb free space on my drive. sad.) that includes a whole big story about dvds not burning and me needing more external hard drives, but i'll talk about my yarns right now. =3 (to calm me a little before i explode) and this involves etsy and other links, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit while i clear some space on my computer.
- project 1: (which has no links, sadly) a tardis yarn full of 3 shades of blues plus little bits of yellow and orange. i am about halfway through the manymany rolags i carded up to spin this, then i will probably ply it with navy thread with some seed beads and whatever else shiny i can find in my bead box). i have some wool left over form carding that i may card with yellow and orange sari silk to make a sister yarn. (i have a tendency to make sister yarns to everything i've spun so far.)
- project 2: this and this a chocolatey-mint yarn to knit something for my mom they'll be spun up separately, then plied, and i'm hoping i'll have enough of the plain green to either leave it a single or ply it with beaded thread (i've come to the conclusion that plying is fun.) to make a sister yarn for another knitted thing (like a scarf and a hat or something along those lines)
- project 3: the first one she even came by my house to drop it off since my car battery died that day! :] something berryful and good enough to eat. (it also lived as a stair rail garland for about 30 minutes right after i got it. XD) planning to spin it up then ply it with plain thread (wot?) and try my hand at making supercoils (oh.) since it's EIGHT OUNCES of delicious silky-merino. (i hugged it when i bought it, you know.) i don't think i'll ever be able to make a plain normalized yarn. it must be fancy.
- project 4: this, this, this, and this all together. summer fruitiness. i hugged these also as soon as they came in the mail. especially since the substitute mailman lost the package for a day (tracking number said it was delivered) and our real mailman came to the rescue the next day! :] i carded the silk carrier rods together with the firestar it came with and it turned out luciously. the roving will be spun up with the thrums and the silk spun in randomly throughout so it will be pretty wild. :3
- project 5: loopy goodness sari silk confetti adventures! not quite sure what to do with it yet, but i had to get some. i may get iridescence once i get my paycheck to ply it with. :] (the iridescence, not the paycheck)
- project 6: leftovers from my mermyd's hair a few weeks ago, if you remember. i'll be making a sister yarn for the mermyd's hair, probably something to do with seaweed since i have greens of that particular wool as well.
sorry for the wall of text~~ i'll try to work on the yarns some more and post pictures either tomorrow (today/saturday) or sunday (tomorrow). i really have something important to do now! and one of my friends is annoying me into doing it and not procrastinating with spinning. :[
ps, the_bees_knees, your boyfriend needs to name yarns more. i laughed a lot, mostly for 1, 5-6, and 8. plus 4 a little. i'll wail until he names one ROYAL RAINBOW. =D
coming back from moving stress and lack of internet, i've got an art yarn this week! =D
mermyd hair (31.2yd)
and an artsy shot (showing that lovely purple bead)
there was a bag full of blues and greens of peace merino (?) roving balls at a cool little place called the knitting nest. $5 a ball, $30 for the bag, i almost exploded. XD i started spinning this up before i got my carders this week (at the other lys, hill country weavers), but it was just half of one of the colors. i'm carding up bits of the rest of the colors into rolags to make a single sister yarn, which will hopefully be longer. x3 anyway, the beads are from my bead box (i have a massive amount of beads and still more in boxes i have to dig up) and were threaded onto some thread, which was then plied with the yarn. :]
very wonderful, all of them! but i very much love fabulous, sunny skies, amoeba, starstruck, bellydance, and jadzy's bfl. and all of reporebo and cloudlover's yarns. :] i hope to at least be able to check what everyone posts next friday =D
i'm surprised you didn't just go to town ripping up the hardwood floors since they were stained to badly. cat pee is a nightmare to get out of anything, so i totally understand all those different solutions to get it out. the room looks absolutely beautiful now and if you do paint the walls, try for something tan or khaki to match those bedsheets. :]
i was just too excited at 230am to wait any longer for someone else to start this!! n_n i have three yarns this week and again, all fibers are from hobbledehoy's sample pack.
(picture of caramel mint frapp for front page, and so you can see the sari silk. =D)
in order: caramel mocha frappucino, 4.5yds, dk weight (3rd yarn, sister to below) loose baby camel down, undyed merino top
caramel mint frappucino, 8yds, dk wight (4th yarn, sister to above) hand-dyed bamboo top, loose baby camel down, and teeny bits of lime green sari silk.
livestock, 8yds, super bulky (2nd yarn, sister yarn to farmland, my first) medium gray alpaca top, undyed merino top, uncarded merino fleece, loose baby camel down thick & thin with lots of hanging locks of camel down and uncarded merino.
sorry about the single photo, but i don't want to deal with uploading them to photobucket right now. if you'd like, they're all on my ravelry. and if you aren't a member of ravelry and would still like to see closeups of the yarns, let me know and i'll upload more pictures. :]
my first handspun from a few weeks ago is now knitted into a little scarflette, but it's in the bottom of a taped box since we move in four days. (OMG!!!) so no pictures until at least the 25th. we are visiting my grandparents in michigan for a week since the truck will take 8 days to get down to our new house. (moving from central jersey to austin, tx, YAY) and then i need to finish it by adding buttons. that's all i have left to do on it. D: