I made two pinafores recently
All up they cost me about $33 Australian and helped me use a little of the infamous fabric stash!
The first, made with giggles' tutorial, is a green pinafore with vintage floral.
However I sewed the buttonholes in the wrong direction. And you have to wrestle to get into it (I hope it doesn't shrink any!
I'm not sure if anyone else had that problem?
My brother refused to take a photo of the back cause it was a bit crumpled - I'd ridden a bike in it
Anyway, the second pinafore is better.
I had this random print fabric that I liked but I don't like white that much so I grabbed it, a scrap of old sheet and some white "cotton homespun" (all of which I dyed primrose yellow) and made myself this.
The skirt is a-framey (I wanted to do a circle skirt but I didn't have enough fabric) and it is lined with a shorter skirt made out of a yellow sheet (so that I can wear it without pants.)
I did the measurement from my hips and made it looser so I can get in and out much more easily! And I added a bib
which is also lined with yellow sheet.
edit: This is the bib