OK, so I got this fabric for $1 from the thrift store.
Colour is a little bit off in the photo, just imagine the pinky-white bits are pure white and the whole thing is brighter greens etc.
The piece measures 70 by 90 cm, and the stretch goes so that the fabric piece is "portrait" rather than "landscape" (tall rather than wide..so that the 70 cm is the top, if that makes sense.)
It's really really really really really really realy stretchy, I think it's spandex or something (as in you definitely don't need seam allowances and it's very irritating to cut.)
I've used a little bit as a waistband for these great colourful parrot pants I made, but I don't know what to do with the rest.
Too little for a minidress. The options I came up with were:
- short shorts (not sure if I'm brave enough!)
- miniskirt (also not sure if I'm brave enough)
- arm/leg warmers (not sure if I'd get enough wear out of them)
- sleeves for a shirt (it would only go on one shirt though)
- Use bits of it as waistbands/short sleeves/hem binding for other projects (it's just too awesome for this!)
- Gloves (wtf? gloves? that's almost crazy enough for me to want to do it!)
That is about all that I can think of now.
If you can think about anything else, please comment. It's not very thick fabric so I doubt it would be warm (although it is very clinging.)