Hey everybody, I post over in other boards occasionally (mostly crochet and knitting), and recently I have been lurking here. I know we are not allowed to sell stuff on Craftster, but I do have some questions about the "Quilt Market". First I have a couple of questions about selling quilts. Second, I have some random questions that I might repost later in a separate thread. P.S. As of right now, I am working completely by hand. We will see how the binding goes though So, if you quilt: 1st questions:
1. Have you ever sold a quilt?
2. If so, how did you determine the price?
3. What size was the quilt and how long did it take you to quilt it?
4. Did you have a difficult time finding a buyer?
5. Is it easier to quilt and sell, or to take orders for a specific design (not really custom work, just letting a person pick either what colors they want or which block style)?
6. Do you tend to see that certain styles are very popular and often requested?
2nd (random) qestions (that I may repost seperately):
1. how many stiches per inch did you average on your early quilts?
2. Any suggestions for types of binding? (self binding, making your own, folding over either the front or back).
3. Have better success quilting in a hoop, or without anything ('free' quilting?).
Thanks so much for reading, and I would really appreciate any tips, etc as I am a novice trying to pick up a craft that died with my grandmothers generation in my family AND my bf's family. They both used theirs skills to supplement their incomes when they had little ones underfoot.