Hi Crafters! This is one of my first posts after many, many years of constant lurking.
I'm visiting LA November 21st - November 24th with my boyfriend. It's both of our first times going, so we're completely clueless as to what to do.
I'd love to take a stop at a great craft/fabric store in LA.
I have a few setbacks though:
1. We will be without car and completely dependent on the metro.
2. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is craft-challenged, so it can't be a long stop unless there's something around to keep him busy.
A few other questions:
- We'd like to stay downtown, and have been looking at The Cecil Hotel (trying to keep it cheap and central). Has anyone heard anything about The Cecil? All of the reviews I've read online were good and pretty legit. If not, any suggestions?
- We would also love to take a day and ride the subway to a beach town, lounge and eat good Mexican food. What's our best bet?
- Is Santee Alley worth the trip?
- Last question, I swear. My boyfriend has agreed to take me out to one nice, romantic dinner (kinda roughin' it all the other nights), any favorites?
We're pretty much open to anything. We haven't planned anything for the four days that we're gonna be in town, but we'd like to have some idea as to what we're doing.