I recently made the corset from the pattern McCalls 3609,Link to pattern:http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M3609.htmLink to photo of my corset:http://xs113.xs.to/xs113/07132/bluecorset.jpg
And over all, in the end, it came out really nice, I only had one problem. The pattern called for 2 and 3/4 yds. of covered boning, but I ended up need closer to 6 yards. It's probably just a typo or something.
Also, for the front closure it called for a corset busk, which is not easy to find if you don't want to buy it off the internet, so instead I used hook and eyes, and they seem to be working out really well.