Hey crafty kids! I've been admiring everyone's work for a few weeks and finally decided to post some of the outfits I've made. Unfortunately most of them I drafted my own patterns (or traced from items I already had [like the shorts]), so I can't really give any tutorials...and plus I dont know if I'd know how to make most of these without a serger/coverstitch machine and still trust their construction.
I'm developing a line to present to a few stores to sell my stuff in (I'd also like to sell online), so please be curtious if you plan on trying to re-create.
Also, sorry I don't have any good pictures to show construction - I don't have internet access on my home computer, so I rely on my boyfriend to take and upload the pictures....where they stay on his computer until I nag him enough to email them to me so I can post them where I want from my work PC (Shhhh don't tell my boss! lol)
Made with Cabaret Net for the top, and fake fur for the bootcovers
Black spandex for the tops, green zebra print spandex for the shorts
Somewhat better closeup of the tops
Made the top(s) with the matte side of regular spandex (so no shiney 80s look), and used hotfix rhinestuds applied using mylar tape...some fell off during the night and will need to be re-applied...I don't think I kept the iron on it long enough, but I was afraid it would burn my spandex
If anyone has any tips, they'd be appreciated
I have the handtool, but wanted to avoid putting EVERY stud on by hand.
This was a showgirl thing for a private party...a friend of mine asked me to make the outfit (I made exactly what she asked for...though it was my first time using rhinestones--- I went bigger thinking it would give more of a glitsy effect, but I wish I had gone smaller so it didn't look as tacky
) I didnt know what the headdress looked like, or I would've suggested better colors...I couldn't just take a bra and throw on the rhinestones because she wasn't sure who was going to be wearing it (would be either an A cup, or a C cup girl...sheesh!)---- she ended up throwing out her back the night before the event so I filled in.
This was a "Snow Bunny" theme...you can't see them, but I made white fur boot covers (like the blue, but white). The tops were harder to make than my usual stuff because I had to mess with darts, I did my best to copy from a bikini top I had and it worked out, I didn't even have to wear a bra/top underneath!
And last but not least
There was an "Alice In Wonderland" themed party, so what better to dress up as than Tweedle Dee and Dum!!