This year, inspired by a costume I had seen on cosplay.com, I decided to do a Mad Hatter costume.
Everything was made from scratch except for the mask and gloves. I started work on September, and was painting the final coat on the cane the night before Halloween.
The cane was the most fun to make. I used floral foam and gesso to make the tea pot. Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of it.
I wore the costume out to a party Friday night, with the mask, and to my own birthday party on Sunday, without the mask. While I really like how the costume looked with the mask, it was hard to see out of at night, and was quite warm. But overall, I think the costume really turned out well.