okay, i know there have been a handful of these shown on craftster, but i'm so proud...how can i not share!? this bag was so easy up until the end when i was putting together all the layers..ugh! thankfully i used a foot i had that is really handy for thick leathers and denim. it seemed to do the trick.
i didn't know what fabric to use for the interior, but since it was going to be used as my diaper bag, i ended up using the fabric i used on the crib bumper... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228416.msg2478947#msg2478947
anyway, here's my new diaper bag!
pieced and quilted exterior pocket. this probably was the most time consuming part, but i really loved the outcome.
front and back
attaching the interior
now on to the exterior
all finished!! the piping made it so hard to assemble at the end. i didn't stay with all one fabric pattern because i think the houndstooth would have been a tad much. i'm happy with the log cabin part of the bag.
i made elastic side pockets instead of the regular flat ones that were called out in the pattern.
top view. i also lengthened the handles so i could carry it easily over my shoulder
interior view. the pattern calls for no pockets inside, but i added a smaller pocket at the top for keys and little items and elastic pockets on either side of the bag at the bottom in orange for diapers and baby things.
oh..and last, but not least...here's my stroller. the orange color of the stroller obviously inspired the color of the bag as well. no baby just yet, so my little wheaten terrier is testing it out for us in this photo.
i know it's image heavy..sorry bout that! i can't wait to use it. i'm just so relieved that it's done so now i can start on my next project!!
anyway, thanks for looking!