My, well it's been an awful long while since I've posted or done much of anything on here really. Figured I should post up some recent-ish things that I never put up.
Okay, so don't freak out from the title, the two spectrums remain separated; this isn't a bridal dress made from trash (not to say that it wouldn't work, because it could. This just isn't.
Both of these garments were made for fashion shows that our class was going to be a part of.
This first dress is a recycled dress, made for a fashion show/contest. I didn't place but I had fun doing it anyway. The challenge was to make a garment out of things you would normally just throw away, so I decided to use clothing tags and receipts. I had a TONNN collected up, honestly for no reason. I think I'm just a pack-rat.. but anyway, I'm glad I could put them to some use. I made a base dress out of muslin and onto that sewed each tag (and some left the little string which I thought added a cute touch (: ) and then I pleated and overlapped a bunch of receipts in order to make the skirt. It zips up in the back. I also put tags on some earrings for added little accessory to match. ^^
This one's a pretty good close up:
The second is a wedding dress that I made and pretty much died over because it took SO long. At one point I DID want to cry, in case you were wondering. (: The bodice is some sort of satin.. (a low lustre one) and the skirt and applique, which we will get to, is made of chiffon.
Here it is coming out on the runway:
There is flower applique on the bodice as well as going up one shoulder and across to the other, going over and to the center of a low-v back. Unfortunately I don't have a very good picture of the back.. :/ The skirt is pleated and begins at the natural waistline and also has these appliques, as well as some in different colored chiffon within the many layers of off-white chiffon.
Closeup detail of the bodice applique:
Unforch, throughout the whole process of getting the model in and out of the dress several times, some of the applique and straps got damaged which made me sad, but I suppose it was inevitable because of the delicate fabric.
So yeahh, that's pretty much the larger projects I've done recently-ish. Hopefully more things to come.. as in I hope I get to make a few things before classes start once again.. ><;
Thanks for looking!~~