I made a red version of this a few years ago for my mother. I used a wall hanging pattern and just made the pieces larger, 2.5 inches instead of 1.5 inches. Mostly it went well until we moved house in wet weather and I unwrapped the quilt a few weeks later to see some mould. I tried bleaching it out but in the end I had to unpick some quilting and replace parts of the orangey border then trim the outer border and reattach it. it used to be twice as wide.
Mostly it is just straight line quilting but I did a continuous rose pattern in the outer border. The binding is reversible as I had some leftovers and couldn't find a fabrics that went well with both sides of the quilt.