Tell us all the tricks, then!
Tricks? What tricks?
hahah I dunno.. hmm let me see, to sell something successfully here are a couple important ideas (nothing really too interesting)
- Add pictures to your auction. We are visual people and like to physically see what your auction is for
- Add some colour to make it a bit creative and interesting to catch someones eye
- Put your auction in the 'gallery' etc so that your auction is viewed by more people
- Get address verified!!!
And of course, don't bother selling your old socks or hair-ties. Electronics sell really big and can get you some great cash.. here are some items you may have around home that you wanna get rid of:
- Old radios
- Printers (and ink cartridges)
- Designer clothes you no longer wear/are too small(think Abercrombie & Fitch, Paris Texas, Lee, Lonsdale etc) - glassons crap will only get you like fitty cents
- Vouchers (movies, Mc Donalds, Glassons, pre-paid cards)
- Car kit sets (cellphone, discmans)
- Your old mobile phone (I sold my nokia brick (the 5120's) for $55!!!)
- Old telephones
- Computer keyboards
- Costume jewellery
- Dress ups
- etc etc etc etc
I think the main thing is to sell something you think people would actually buy, wishful thinking wont work. And promote it, put it in the gallery!
I have never sold anything DIY over trademe, but I don't think thats a bad idea... I just wouldn't include the words "DIY" "Hand-made" - instead, put "one of a kind", "from a new Wellington designer - Pearl3".
Lastly, I hate people who start the auction at $1, when their reserve is $100. Make your reserve = the bid starting price. That way once someone bids, bam! Sold! - plus if they keep bidding you get more money