So I've been drooling over the things you guys make over here on this board for quiiite a while now - only problem: I didn't own a sewing machine.
But, thanks to the almighty craigslist, I got one this winter break from a lady who was moving across the ocean for something like $30, so I can finally give recons a shot now!
Aside from practice patches (where I attempted to sew in a straight line without buckling), I have never embarked on such an epic sewing journey.
I present you with my first (of many hopefully
) ever recon'd hoodie:
I bought a skeleton t-shirt from my local thriftstore, took it apart (it was a large and its arms were set in really awkward places for me) cut out black sleeves - added original grey t-shirt material onto it for decoration, and then added this stretchy blue material.
Here's an in-progress shot and the original t-shirt:
The whole thing took me AGES (about 4 days) to do because I'm a perfectionist, and since I made lots of mistakes, I had to take some bits apart quite a few times.
But I'm kind of glad I took the extra time b/c now it's extra durable
(Yeah...I'm kind of really proud of my seams
I know it pales in comparison to all you master sewers ... but I'm getting there
Anywhos, thanks for reading through my long-winded tale, and feel free to leave any comments or critiques