So, this is Faye! She lives in the forest, watching from her trees. She's friendly, but very shy, and dresses to blend in to her wooded background. I got her to come out of hiding for long enough to take some pictures, though.
I made Faye a while ago, but never got around to posting her. I used a variety of patterns for her, because I wanted her legs and fingers to be disproportionately long. Her hair is from a tiny packet of felting wool. Her face was done mostly in colored pencils, with a little bit of fabric marker--which started to bleed all over the fabric! The details were hard to get in the pictures, though, because it isn't very dark.
I never thought I'd be interested in quilt making, until I was writing a freelance article on the history of quilts a while ago. Of course, that got me all excited to try it, much to my hubby's dismay! (for some reason, he thinks I have too many hobbies... )
Every year, I go on vacation with my three closest friends. We are all of the crafty variety, so we make gifts for each other, and this year I decided to go with something cute and practical! I got the idea online somewhere, where these were selling for some outrageous amount (like $30), and thought--I can make that! Yup, the battle cry of the craftster.
Anyway, they are little pouches, not quite 8 inches square, that hold 3 tote bags rolled up inside. This way, you always have your tote bags when you go the store, because it fits right in your purse! Yay!
Inside, with the totes:
The tote unrolled:
Each bag was a different fabric, as were the totes inside. Fun, practical, and the girls loved them! Thanks for looking!
I had a friend's wedding to go to last week, and nothing to wear...so I decided it was time to actually finish a project.
I've been sewing for a while, but not really from patterns, and not really any clothing. Therefore, I was pretty impressed with how easily this pattern went together--I made it in an afternoon--and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It is mostly view A, with a bit of C thrown in--the tie in back and the trim along the bottom.
The front (it has pockets!):
The back--it is actually smoother than this, but I was trying to ask hubby if it was straight and not wrinkled anywhere...his answer? "it's fine."
And the latest--miss pin-up girl! She didn't quite turn out like I wanted, but I like her anyway. It is tough to see, but she has little gold holographic sequins all over her skin. Anyway, here she is!
A while back I got this book ( http://dollmamasden.com/book-softtoys.jpg ) at a thrift store for a dollar, then set it down in my house and lost it . I came across it while cleaning the other day, and because cleaning is boring, I decided to make something!
First up was the bunny on the cover picture. It was pretty easy and simple, and the patterns are drawn on graphs, so you can size them however you want. I chose to leave it small, so bunny is only about 5 inches long.
The next one I made was the sea monster. He was pretty small, and the head+ears got pretty difficult to get out of the neck opening when turning right side out, and it put some strain on my sad hand sewn seams. Still, I think he turned out pretty cute! It's tough to tell from the pictures, but his belly is a soft pale green!
It is made entirely from fabric out of the stash, except for the interfacing inside and the bias tape around the edge. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take any pictures while I was making it, but here is the finished product, about 15x22 inches, not counting the hanger:
Each of the different fabrics is actually a long pocket, about 6 inches deep and attached to a plain linen backing:
Closeup of the fabrics:
The back is also pretty, even though--as hubby pointed out--it is against the wall and no one will ever see it:
Finally, she is done! She is for a friend of mine, who happens to be a blonde haired, blue eyed flamenco dancer! I made the dress also, and let me tell you, those ruffles were a pain, and took forever!
But, without further ado, here she is (in lots of pics because I am ridiculously proud):