I finished mine quite a while ago. A month or so back, actually. It took me something around two days, and I was knitting quite slowly due to a wrist injury. (Magnificent pratfall while skating, nothing serious.)
I changed the rib to moss stitch, but that's it. The yarn I used was just a bit thinner than the one called for, I think, but it worked out perfectly anyway. I used 6 mm wooden straights, because they're my only 6 mm needles and I don't get along with circs anyway. I had no problem with stitches dropping from the needles, except when I moved the thing onto a circ to check the size. The yarn's a German handspun, I think it's called Naturwolle, that comes in all sorts of gorgeous colourways. The one I used is called Mango. It's a slightly variegated orange-brown, and it started doing a strange self-striping thing here. I love it anyway. Used about 150 metres, or one and a half skeins.
Apparently I can't post pictures yet, what with this being my first post or comment or anything, but here's a link
to a picture on Flickr.