Okay, I finally used up some fabric that has been sitting a while. It was a clearance buy. Actually, my 12 year old son made most of it because it was for his history project. Hope that counts 'cause it came from my stash! It turned out really cool and I only had to help with the cutting and binding (and of course telling him what to do).
It's a colonial flag wall hanging quilt.
Shots of the stars.
He only fused them on because he doesn't know how to do anything unless it's the last minute. I think that now that he's brought it home from school, I might hand stitch around them. Can't do it by machine 'cause I added a hanger to the back.
(Spool of thread in the pic for size)
Pic of the strips and his one line of quilting on the white. Planned on more but remember, last minute! I think it looks good anyway.