So I could give you all lengthy stories about the knitting for this tank but I'll leave that outta here. I'll let you all know however that this was a really straightforward pattern. I'm quite proud of it, seeing as how it's my first knitted clothing item. I was originally going out tonight and was going to take darling photos with my matching (store-bought) skirt and heels but that got canceled so you all get my cell phone pictures taken in the bathroom! lol Maybe I'll change 'em..
The lace pattern. Flattened, that is.
Pattern: http://deliciousstitches.blogspot.com/2007/05/lillian-tank-top.html Lillian Tank by Delicious Stitches
Yarn: Three skeins of Lion Brand Cotton Ease - with some leftovers (headband, anyone?) - Cost me about $15 CDN
Needles: 24" US 6 Pony Circulars - The pattern calls for 16" but A) I didn't want to buy new needles and B) I don't think I could have comfortably fit all my stitches on there. lol
- easy to follow pattern
- affordable yarn
- great worn on its own or with something underneath
- fast knit
- I think I might make it a tad bit shorter so that I can wear it on my jeans with pockets without having it stretch around it
- Might do the middle ribbing in a slightly smaller needle
- Experiment with other lace patterns - though I do love this one
- before I blocked this it had the most interesting ridge pattern. Not something that I'd wear because it looked like I had potatos in my shirt but still really cool look. I didn't even block this properly. Enh
- It's just a teeensy bit too big around the waist area in the back for me. Whatevs!
Favourite knit so far, I think!
P.S. I knit this about a month ago and didn't get the ribbing done in time for my trip to Florida so I put it away for a month cause I lost the motivation to finish it until last night.