I'm trying to plan a (small) (vegetarian) Moroccan banquet for my mum's birthday next week. I thought I'd post here as this falls into a couple of categories.
1. Menu ideas - any vegetarian menu suggestions would be a big help
2. Decoration ideas - mum and dad have a rectangular dining room table and I'd love to jazz up the table/surrounds to suit the theme. There's not really any option to hang curtains or drapes so I thought I'd pick everyone's crafty brains for ideas! So centrepieces, place settings...anything!
There will only be 7 or 9 of us so not huge, I know, but I really want to make it special...
Just a quick post to say that as of 8am today, Kmart (at least in Victoria) has on sale boxes of paper punches. It's half price (down to $25) and you get 28 different punches and an interchangeable handle and they are so comfy to use - I'd really recommend splurging. Having said that, I also got some crappier punches (20% off all scrapbooky stuff!) simply because I wanted some basic shapes, so now I am all punchy and organised.
So I'm going out tomorrow night and it's 'dress like a movie character'. I have checked heaps of costume posts and no luck. My sewing is basic at best, and I don't have alot of shopping time so I'm looking for something simple and clever - and I've given up trying to find shoes for ruby slippers. I have a few hours tonight, a couple tomorrow. It's winter so nothing too cold. Any help would be awesome
I work in after-school care and the kids love doing a cookie activity! The problem is, I'm running out of ideas! I need simple recipes where kids can help make as much as possible. Something different than chocolate crackles and honey joys would be appreciated!
Okay, so for my final writing piece for the semester, my teacher's pretty relaxed about formatting which is why my piece is being scrapbooked/decorated beyond normal! The problem is I have NEVER bookbinded before, and I want it to look impressive. I have all single A4 sides (so if I stuffed one up it didn't affect the others) - so p1 is separate to p2 (on the back) etc. SO what's the easiest way to double side and bind my creation? No shop spiral binding please.
Ok, I'm trying to come up with a good fundraiser for my theatre group and I've had a read of all the posts about starting your own fair, but I still have some questions.
1. Booth pricing - is it fair to ask $30 for members, $50 for nonmembers (that includes membership)? More? Less? No ideas about audience, but it'd be one day, held at the theatre etc
2. Hours - if it's on a Sunday, leading up to Xmas, daylight savings....10-5? 11-6? longer? shorter?
3. Tables - at that price are we expected to privde them? (it'll probably be outside)
4. Anyone here from Melbourne interested? PM me! *grins*
I really hope to get this up and running this year. I was thinking we could offer a free/discounted info table to other local theatre groups, in exchange for them volunteering to help with promo/set up/clean up etc