I'm trying to plan a (small) (vegetarian) Moroccan banquet for my mum's birthday next week. I thought I'd post here as this falls into a couple of categories.
1. Menu ideas - any vegetarian menu suggestions would be a big help
2. Decoration ideas - mum and dad have a rectangular dining room table and I'd love to jazz up the table/surrounds to suit the theme. There's not really any option to hang curtains or drapes so I thought I'd pick everyone's crafty brains for ideas! So centrepieces, place settings...anything!
There will only be 7 or 9 of us so not huge, I know, but I really want to make it special...
* nachos - corn chips and salsa and cheese whacked in the oven or microwave (optional layer of refried beans on the bottom). guacamole, jalapenos and sour cream on the side.
* gazpacho - cold tomato soup - my quick and easy version is chop up some veggies (capsicum, cucumber, spring onion), add lemon juice and a dash of wosteshire (sp!!), a can of tomato soup, a can of water and chill
* barbecues - tofu works well on the barbecue - just marinade and grill or go skewer crazy like someone suggested.
* use the grill to grill a whole heap of veggies (from eggplant to sweet potato) and keep in individual containers in the fridge. Add to pasta, lasagne, wraps, salads or anything else that strikes your fancy
* dips and turkish bread - as a starter to almost any of the above
well I started knitting and paper crafts instead! Well, not really! I have about 12 plastic boxes, each labelled with a colour, the beads go into little snaplock bags (one type per bag, and odds and ends in another) and chucked into the box according to colour. Makes things easier to find when you want a specific project. I have: red, blue, yellow and gold, green, pink, purple, brown and neutral, black silver and multi, findings and charms, orange, white and another I can't think of! Hope that helps
Just a quick post to say that as of 8am today, Kmart (at least in Victoria) has on sale boxes of paper punches. It's half price (down to $25) and you get 28 different punches and an interchangeable handle and they are so comfy to use - I'd really recommend splurging. Having said that, I also got some crappier punches (20% off all scrapbooky stuff!) simply because I wanted some basic shapes, so now I am all punchy and organised.
So I'm going out tomorrow night and it's 'dress like a movie character'. I have checked heaps of costume posts and no luck. My sewing is basic at best, and I don't have alot of shopping time so I'm looking for something simple and clever - and I've given up trying to find shoes for ruby slippers. I have a few hours tonight, a couple tomorrow. It's winter so nothing too cold. Any help would be awesome
I SO SO SO need to do one of these with all my old tops - from uni activities, cartoons etc. My only problem is I don't know how to use a sewing machine - dad always thinks it's easier to do it for me than teach me So how long do you guys reckon until I'm actually capable enough to achieve something like this.....?