I'm in the process of gathering information for an evaluative research paper(i.e. compare/contrast, problem/solution, cause/effect) for my 11th grade English class. I chose to write about fiber arts and anything related. I'm not really sure how I'm going to write it or what information I even need, but I've got some questions that would really be great if you could answer for me. Thanks!!
1. How are different fibers processed?
2. What makes a fiber easier to work with?
3. How important do you think fiber arts (spinning, knitting, weaving, crocheting, etc.) are/were to different societies, such as Peruvian spinning, wool industry, or today's crafters?
4. What makes handworking materials more satisfying than buying from a commercial source?
5. What are reasons to only use vegan fibers/yarns?
6. Is there a history of fiber arts in your family? If so, how has that influenced you in your work?
7. What is the most important characteristic of you finished product (colors, fiber, drape, price, etc.)? Why?
8. Are there any other books or reliable websites about fiber arts that you know of?
I'm really not sure how this is going to come together, so I hope that I can get some input from you guys here on my favorite craftster board. =]