This is my first time posting in this section! I mostly hang out at Clothing but I've recently become addicted to knitting. (I've known how for a long time but only this past month really gotten the hang of how it works.) I have long hair (down to my butt) that I wear up almost constantly, especially in winter when there's things like zippers and Velcro on coats to get caught on, so this project was perfect!
I have no idea what yarn I used--my mom gave it to me last year after she'd used a little of it. I can tell you it was a pain in the butt to work with, though--it's made of lots of little loopy bits, which my needles kept getting caught on. Those loopy bits make the holes and the fact that I messed up the ribbing a lot less obvious, though. Plus, it's so pretty it's way worth it. I cast on 80 stitches and it's still kind of long, because I have a tiny head, but I compensated for that with button placement. I have no idea how many repeats of row 5 I did--just enough until it looked like half the width I wanted, and it worked out great.
So, without further ado, here's the pictures!
I don't think you can see the button, but it's a little pink strawberry.
I think for my next one (I have the yarn out already) I'll cast on 72 stitches and use one of the purple dragonfly buttons I bought today at JoAnn...