so i discovered these roses at a spencers store with some of my friends.. we were thinking.. "wouldnt that be somethign great we could get our significant others.. somthing that will make them scratch their heads.. and think... wow i never would have thopught my girlfriend would make such a thing"
we didnt want to spend the money on buying them.. since they looked quite simple to make..
so we found red condoms.. thats the hardest part...
and heres our creation.
and heres a tutorial..
first you need all the necessary materials..
~condoms.. red if you like red roses.. but any color would really do.. use your favorite colors.. or whatever kind you have lieing around... i think i like the lifestyles ones better because the wrappers are plastic.. and therefore more pliable.. but trojan ones work too.. and im sure any other breand as well...
~wire.. or stick or anything really to make the stem.. wire woukds best in my opinior cause its bendy and such..
~tape.. masking tape is what i used first.. but as you can see in the pictuers i didnt have any.. so i substitued with duct tape.. and it seemed to work well
~floral tape.. that green sticky/gummy tape that will be in the floral section of your local craft store.. im sure if you had regular tapoe that was green.. green duct tape maybe.. then thatd work too..
~optional.. fake leaves.. can be found in floral section of craft stroe.. or wal-mart sometimes.. you dont need them.. but they do add some character to the rose...
1. make your wire green.. either with floral tape or green duct tape.. whatever works..
2. fold the condom in half on a diaganal
3. attach condom to the end of the wire.. with your tape.. as in your sticky tape..
4. then repeat with two more condoms..
5. wrap the ugly masking tape or duct tape with the floral tape. floral tape isnt exactly "sticky" you wrap it around and press as you go.. stetching it a bit and just sorta squeezing it as you go.. it just sticks to itself..
5. smell your flower.. it may not smell great though.. but who cares...
pardon the blurriness of the pictures.. its a combination of my bad photography skills and dieing batteries...