Okay, Tenille, sorry this took me so long. I was gone out of town. But here's what I did...
1. $1 a yard fabric from wal mart
2.cut large square and follow steps for a basic circle skirt.. I left mine square because I liked the uneven edges. My square unfolded was roughly 60in x 60in
3. Cut, sew, and attach waistband
5. (I forgot a picture of this part) Cut two rectangles large enough to fit around your upper body and sew them together. I kinda ruched mine as I went to hide my back fat...
6. Cut your arm holes where you'll want them. I used a tank top and measured out where and how large I wanted the space from the top of the tube.
7. Fold over top edges on either side of tube and hem. Make sure you leave space to run the ribbon or cord thru that you plan to use to tie the dress closed.
8. Insert ribbon, etc into newly sewed tubes/tracks along top and tie over one shoulder
9. Run around the yard like a little kid
This is the first time I've ever tried to explain myself. So let me know if anything is unclear.