Woo! Sorry for posting pics so late. I received several days ago from seamaiden75, but I've been busy with finals, etc.
Anyway, here they are!
A crocheted Heartless! He's so cute! And you can move his arms, legs, and little antennae! He now resides on the top shelf of my bookcase with his other heartless friend.
Heartless emblem shoelaces! My husband is going to put these on his Adios.
Aaaand finally, the KH lounge pants I posted about in the KH swap board... modeled by my bed. I would have done an action shot (wore them like every day since then ) but its hard to take a picture of yourself, especially when pregnant, and my husband is dead asleep, so...
But anywho, thank you so much seamaiden75! We love what you sent us!! <3 !
I recently discovered bamboospun (the brand) yarn. Mmm, 77% bamboo. It is very soft and snuggly, not to mention eco-friendly! So, I present to you my very simple super slouchy bamboo hat! Made up as I went, no pattern.
The design is simple, just a rib and double crochet, partly because the yarn is too chunky to properly do any decorative stitching with, and because the hat is for function (mostly), not decoration.
Close up of the rib (*proud*) and beautifulness of the yarn.
I'm pretty sure I need to go buy skeins in every color of this now, because it is so amazing.
I made another soft cover journal, this time for my 8 yr old sister. She saw mine and declared that she must have one, so I got her hello kitty fabric and whipped this up today. This one has sketchbook weight paper for drawing, since she is an aspiring artist "just like her sister." 4 signatures of 5 pages each for a total of 80 pages.
Pics! (Hello Kitty lovers turn away!)
Inside cover, with her name (which she requested). I messed up on this one; the thread ripped the paper so I had to ghetto-ly repair it with tape which you can kinda see in the picture. But I don't think she cares.
Back cover with nifty "special stuff" storage pocket.
After looking for a good tutorial, I finally taught myself coptic stitch.
I've been dying to do an altered book, but after attempting a few pages, I discovered to my dismay that the pages were too thin to hold up to being glued together, watercolored, and other wet media. After thinking about it for a while I figured I would make an empty sketchbook and use it to make a visual art journal which will enable me to do pretty much the same thing I wanted to do with my altered journal attempt anyway.
I used 98lb mixed media paper which will hold up to anything I'm pretty sure. 5 signatures of 5 pages each for a total of 100 pages. Cover is bristol board folded in half with scrapbook paper added. I used embroidery thread that was gradient colored so it would provide interesting color changes over the stitching. (If you have never done coptic stitch before, don't be like me and forget to buy beeswax. You can do it without it, but it def. would help keep silly knots out of the thread and save you an hour.)
And now! Behold my first coptic stitch bound book! (sorry for crap pics)
Inside the cover:
And a closeup of my stitching which took 3 hours because I messed up once and was determined to have perfect stitches:
I received a wonderful and BIG package fro tlh878b today!! It was held up at the post like I thought. There is a huge stack of scrapbook paper, lots of trim, seed beads, a BUNCH of stamps and some ink pads, some buttons, cord, a roll of fabric, and some little punch out stars/hearts!
Thanks guys ^_^ I was hoping it turned out ok!! I think some of the ink from the heart rubbed off onto the card... lol. I'm glad you like it corduroy cat!
SO I'm late on posting these cause I've been busy with final projects, but here are two awesome ATCs I got !
First, a moveable one for my kimono theme by alwaysinmyroom
The part where her kimono is red can be changed out via a pull tab! It changes to blue and green! I didn't get an action shot yet though cause this had to be a quick post. The background looks like korean hangul with some hanja (chinese characters). I like korean ^^
Second is a lovely card for my colorful fish theme by JanelleJ!
Upon seeing the lovely cardboard guitar posted by sheena.lee, I remembered about my cardboard wiimote I had to make for Design II at the beginning of this semester. I didn't know what board to post it under, but now I do!
The concept behind this was "cross section/layering" and I think I did an ok job.
Sorry for suckish pictures, these were taken a while back in the design room in a hurry.
Soooo hard to cut out!! >_<;;
The power button was made by cutting a circle out of the top cardboard piece and then placing a circle shape inside that... if you understand how I just explained that.
If you can't tell, the B button was layered like the body of the wiimote was, in a kind of 'stairstep' way. It was hard >_>; and the battery cover was made by cutting slits out of the cardboard pieces.
This was all made roughly to scale... I think it's about 3 or 4 times bigger than a normal wiimote... I don't remember my exact measurements.