I worked on this all day yesterday (at noon I just started cutting out the pattern) and had it finished by 6 pm for mass. Phew! Miraculously, it turned out really nice! This is the first functional piece of clothing I have made that is *not* any sort of costume. I'm so proud! The overall effect is very Asian-esque, which was completely unintentional and I love it!
The belt is my own simple addition (though my boyfriend's idea; kudos to him!), mainly to compensate for the fact that the shirt was slightly too large.
Sorry for the strange cut out, this is taken from a family pic.Additions!
Thanks for the compliments-- this is my baby and I am *so!!!* proud of it!
The pattern is Simplicity 3893. It was pretty easy to put together. My only gripe is that I wish it was more fitted. I also omitted the elastic around the waist because I HATE elastic. The belt is much nicer.More additions
The belt is attached with a stitch in the middle, otherwise its loose. That way I can tighten/loosen it as I please. It's tied in the back.