I'm posting pics- my partner wore her undies right away so they are probably in the wash
I made a set of rainbow tie-dye undies. I stenciled the days on the back side and put a simple graphic on the front- I tried to find 70's style images, if possible. Because I wanted white lettering and images on the dyed undies, and because I knew that with tie-dye there are white areas, I needed to make sure that I had solid areas of color. So, I did the stenciling first. I was very worried that the soda ash that you need to soak things in would eat away the fabric paint, or that the fabric paint would dye heavily and the images and letters wouldn't be clear. The white paint did pick up a bit of color, but it looks pretty cool, so that's okay!!
I really am happy with how they came out and am glad that I made a practice set (w/cami) so I have something to keep