Inspired by pesky pixie's post and the included tutorial, I made a pop top granny square of my own!
I essentially followed her tutorial, but then added another round to finish it off. It came out a little wavy, but A) it was just a practice one and B) it isn't blocked. If it stays wavy, I may use only 3 dc in each of the chains around, instead of 5.
To do my additional round, I did: 5 dc in each 5 ch sp (this is what I might need to change to 3 dc) 1 dc in the dc between each 5 ch sp
In the 5 sc crochet in the corners, I did: 1 dc in each of the first 2 sc 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the 3rd sc 1 dc in each of the last 2 sc
Now to start collecting more pop top tabs so I can make some more
It's the Octagon Dishcloth (which, oddly enough, looks more circular than some of the circles I've made) made with Sn'C Summer Twists. It ripples quite a bit, and I don't know why. Smaller hook, or larger hook needed? And, it came out a bit bigger than I like, so the next time I make one, I'll stop at round 8. But, my mom liked the color, so she gets it...
Sorry if the pic is blurry- I couldn't get a well-focused shot!
I finished another one! Time to kill between meetings/tutoring/dinner and I was able to finish the Pink Shells pattern. I liked it a lot better before I put the edging on. Next time, since I hate doing the edges anyway, I'll leave it off. It's Sn'C Beach Ball Blue (I think).
Next up: Open Shell Dishcloth followed by Puff X Square
I finished another one! 9/50 now. This is the Fire Blossom in Sn'C Country Sage Ombre (the pattern called for red, but I didn't have any). It ripples quite a bit, so I may use a smaller hook (highly unusual for me) the next time I make one. The pic is a bit blurry, but it shows the color pretty well.
Holey Moley, who is this person?!? I finished the Falling Leaves! That makes #8! I've made more in the last week than in the last 3 months combined! Still not as fast as most, but pretty darn quick for me
I used Sn'C in Shades of Green (same as my Face Cloth), and I was amazed that I had enough yarn. This cloth works up pretty quick (1 1/2 loads of laundry and it was done!), so it's on my list of keepers.
Sorcha, I love that square that you posted! Do you have a pattern link?
pjherbert, those colors are fantastic! Dazzling!
I finished my March '07 Easy square last night and started on the March '08 square. I managed to get it almost done, except for the last round on the pattern. Once again, even though I used a K hook, I had to use 2 rounds of dc instead of one round of sc to get it to 12". I can't believe how quickly this square came together! I really had to pay attention to the counting in the beginning, but once I got going, I couldn't stop
I received my tin today!! After my original partner flaked, Dreambelle stepped up and offered to be my angel. She chose the most difficult of my themes (molecules) and came up with such a clever idea- I love it!
Inside the tin there are a bunch of atoms and bonds that have magnets on the back so I can assemble my molecules. Due to the long journey (for some reason, the tin went from Indiana, to Arizona, then spent 2 days in New Hampshire before finally making it to Massachusetts!), some of the magnets came off, but I can glue them back on. And, I have some Perler beads around here somewhere, so I can add more pieces to the set later! I may also glue some magnets to the back so I can hang the whole kit on the fridge- I'm off to print out molecular diagrams to copy right now!!
Thanks Dreambelle for being my angel and coming up with such a clever idea. You rock!
And, thanks, kishcrafts for setting me up with such a great angel! You rock, too!
This is the Bark Sedge in Sn'C Summer Sky. I just love it! It is a bit wonky, though. I crochet on the tight side, and one turning chain at the end of each row just wasn't enough. So, I added a second one, and it worked out better...
This is the Face Cloth, and I can't believe how easy it was! It only took me about an hour to make it. I'll be making many more of these once I'm done with my 50. It's a bit small, so I may make future ones bigger. I used Sn'C Shades of Green and it started out with a cool pattern (sadly, no DNA), but shortly after I noticed the pattern, it shifted and the effect was lost- I may have skipped a stitch or two, or loosened/tightened my tension. Wouldn't surprise me...
ETA: After I posted, I realized that I could see DNA in the Face Cloth- the angle of the photo makes it look more apparent...gotta love science
And, I made another one! But, I also gave this one away, so I still need to make one for myself! I modified the toes a bit so I wouldn't have to join all of the suckers as separate pieces and it looks okay. It does look better the way wibit wrote the pattern, but I was short on time so I cheated a bit.
Here he is sitting on the kitchen chair. The wood reminded him of a tree...
Thanks again, wibit, for sharing such a great little pattern! I love it!