I had plans for this one. Better design... better binding... hand quilting... y'know, a proper quilt.
My son had other plans. Did I mention he never sleeps and has to be right in the middle of all sewing projects?
I finally realized that if I wanted to use the thing before he starts school in oh, 2013, I would just have to slap it together, tie it, and be done. (I am quilting in individual squares when I have a free moment--I tied at the corner of each block, but it still shifts more than I'd like).
It's cheerful, though, and it used up a bunch of scraps from earlier projects. Used bamboo batting, which is warm enough, but super light. It's not a standard size--I had an old utility quilt from my great-grandmother which was the perfect napping-on-the-sofa size, so I cut this one to the same dimensions. The backing is the same red cotton as the binding.
Closeup of some of the squares. The prints make me happy.