Hey folks, me again! The lemon bleach thing didn't work.. it still black and DARK! It's acetate velvet.. maybe the colour won't budge
Anyway, whilst I'm working on the roses of my other dress at home and by hand, I've picked up where I left off on another dress from WAY back in this thread, here's the last time we saw it:
And this is the progress I've made today:
Granted, it's not the most amaaaazing
transformation so far, but this one went away in a bag because I felt it was getting uglier by the stitch, but now Ive got it out again I'm looking at it in a whole new light!
I've got the remains of a white cotton skirt lining and some lace having a bath in my washing up bowl at the moment surrounded by tea, this will create a petticoat type underskirt to help with that gaping hole at the front to create a bit more dignity for the wearer! The zip has been an issue with this dress ever since I put the damn thing in, so I may have to re-think the opening of it but hey - that's what's great about this style! Mistakes become a BIG part
So far so good, I still need to blend the bodice into the skirt as it looks too blockey right now but it looks so much better than before - I think!