My car is in desperate need of tidying and re-upholstering - the inside hasn't been touched for nearly 40 years!
The drivers seat was ripped up and all the padding had sunk completely so whats a girl to do? In other words, what's a crafty girl to do? Give you two guesses...
So I spent a few hours sewing and crocheting my new car seat cover. It’s in situ for now, all I need to do is replace some of the padding in the seat, tape it up and secure the bottom panels somehow – I’m thinking gluegun…
The main fabric is upholstery corduroy that I received from a Freecycler.
I used some of the brown cord for the tree branch applique then used this http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2008/05/little-flowers-with-leaves-free-crochet.html
pattern (minus leaves) to crochet the blossoms.
For the back and sides I used a faux suede fabric that was given to me by a friend. When I first made the top of the seat it didn’t quite fit so I cut and seamed a triangle out the back, sewed tiny buttonholes with my machine and used shoelaces for a ‘corset’ effect!
I need to make some adjustments still but I'm really happy with the outcome