So i got bored and wanted some headbands, but of course i'm not one who would pay for something i can make myself. So, i found my manilla newsprint stuff, and i made a basic shape pattern, and ended up with 4 headbands and cut out fabric for more!
Here are two i've made already [i'm wearing one, and i gave the other one to my cousin.]
Soooo. Here's an extremely detailed tutorial!
1. Cut out two peices of fabric using this shape. I know, i didn't do the greatest job, but i'm one of those people who can use sloppily-cut fabric and still know what she's doing.
2. Put the two peices together, right sides together, and pin [if you want.]
3. Sew along the two long sides [NOT the ends] with about a... 1/2 in. seam allowance.
4. Turn the whole thing inside out.
5. Tuck the ends inside like 1/2 or 3/4 in., and tuck the end of a 6in. piece of elastic into the ends of the headband, pin [if you want], and sew across a couple times [to keep a strong hold on the elastic.]
6. Do the same to the other side. Make sure you don't twist the elastic and/or main piece...
TA DA! Now you have a really easy-to-make headband.
Buuut... i don't have access to an iron at the moment, so i just wear them on my head once i finish one so it flattens out. Haha.