EDITED TO ADD RECIPES!
I got my package from x0xmanda last night!
She made three kinds of cookies/candy, packaged them in cute tins, AND included a sparkly ornament. She said she ran out of time to include the recipes and is going to message them to me, so I'll do my best to describe everything without knowing what's actually in it.
The cookies are yellow cake mix cookies with chocolate chips and nuts. The dark balls (my favorites) are chocolate truffles. A few of them are dipped in white chocolate for extra deliciousness. The white mass that's hard to photograph is peppermint bark. It's all so good... thanks Amanda!
here are the recipes!
Cake Mix cookies
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or other goodies (i split it chocolate/white chocolate/ nuts.. they were either pecans or walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, or your choice of additions. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Bake less for chewy cookies and more for crispy cookies. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
-8 ounces best-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
-1/2 cup heavy cream
- decorations. i used chopped pecans, i think Huh Cheesy, red and green sprinkles, and melted white chocolate
1. Put chocolate into a large heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; pour over chocolate in bowl. Stir in liqueur, if desired. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 10 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let stand until thick, about 15 minutes.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into a shallow 8-inch dish or pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until mixture is very cold and set but still pliable, about 30 minutes.
3. Using a teaspoon or a 1/2-inch melon baller, scoop balls of chocolate mixture, transferring them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper as you work. I scooped with a tablespoon measure and then rolled them better in my hands, which also made them warm to hold the... uhmm.. garnishes?
4. Roll in your toppings/garnish/decoration
5. Refridgerate til firm.
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
-3-5 peppermint candy canes
1. pour chocolate into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving for intervals of 20 seconds, stirring in between, til smooth.
2. Unwrap candy canes and stick them in a ziploc bag. Crush them (i used a wine bottle)
3. Dump crushed peppermint into the chocolate and stir. Pour onto a wax-paper lined baking sheet and spread into a thin layer.
4. when cool/firm, break into peices!