After knitting scarves and hats for about a year now, I have finally summoned the courage to knit my first sweater. I can follow patterns just fine but I am stuck at the following instructions in working the back of the sweater...
Back Neck and shoulder shaping:
Bind off 11 sts at beg of next 2 rows, 11 sts at bed of next 2 rows, AT SAME TIME, bind off center 26 sts and working both sides at once, dec 1 st from each neck edge once.
That ends the Back piece.
Now I am assuming that at this point (RS, working in stockinette with 74 stitches cast on my needle) they want me to bind off first 11 stitches and finish knitting the end of the row. Then turning to WS and binding off first 11 stitches and finish purling to the end of the row. Then doing the same for the next 2 rows. Now, it is at this point that the problems begin. I have few stitches left on my needle at this point and it doesn't make since to bind off so many stitches and then have to decrease more.
I really need help. Can someone out there please help me rewriting it long form row by row?
I made this bag with some bargain fabric that my Mother-in-law got at her local swapmeet. I was apprehensive to use the fabric because it felt cheap (even though it was heavyweight) and frayed easily. It was as hard to sew as it was to keep from fraying but in the end it turned out well. I lined it with a simple black cotton and gave the bottom some stability by adding plastic canvas.
I made this bag for my own personal use. I make really cute bags for clients all the time but tend to leave myself carrying what I call my "quickie bag", a bag I made in a pinch that I myself am embarasssed to carry. NO MORE! Now I have this little number that I am very proud of. Here it is...
This is a Laptop bag that I made for a client of mine. She requested a laptop bag that looked like a purse so I went with this design. I stumbled across it some time ago and made a sample in the actual size but it was too small so I enlarged it 200% and got a bag large enough to fit a MacBook and a couple of books. The zipper was the most difficult part to put in because I had a lot of padding going all the way up the bag. I will never do this design again as a laptop bag though. It was too much trouble. Hope you like it.
Does anyone here know of a good source for 100% Pima Cotton? I am desperate to find a good, reliable source. I am mainly looking for solids. If anyone knows of any online vendors or any stores in San Diego, CA, please post them here or send me a Personal Message. Thanks in advance.
I made this cute tote for my soon-to-be 9 year old daughter who just loves carrying bags around. It is made of dark denim and mid-weight cotton flower print fabric for the lining. I cut out a flower from the fabric itself and appliqued it onto the front with some stitches and frayed the edges to give it a nice decorative touch.
I was commissioned to make a couple of lingerie travel bags by my Godmother to give as gifts to my mother and youngest sister for their upcoming trip to France. I must say I had my reservations about the way the lace was going to handle, but nontheless I dove into the project head-on. Here is what I came up with. They are two different designs because of course as things always tend to happen, as I finish the first, I always end up thinking of ways I could improve the next one. Here are the results.
This is the first one. It has only one zipper across the top and a simple stitch down the middle to create two pockets. I wrapped a hanger with double-faced satin ribbon to make it a bit more elegant.
With this second one, I actually followed a pattern that I have for some laundry room organizers. I made the back from satin and added two horizontal zippered pockets. It is certainly a better design than the first. I realized a bit late that I attached the zippers in the wrong direction. They should open from left to right. Oh well, you live and you learn!
I made this black canvas tote yesterday in about 2 hours. I needed a new bag and I had nothing to do, so I just went at it. I made pockets inside and added a D ring held by satin ribbon and added a small zippered pouch tied on by a cute little ribbon.
The outside is sort of plain, I am still thinking of what I can add to embellish it.
The inside has divided pockets for my cell phone, iPod and keys.
Zippered pouch for coins, ATM card or any small thing I wouldn't want to lose under all the junk my kids tend to shove in my bag on a daily basis.
I know this has been posted before but I have not seen the post in a really long time and I knew it was worth circulating again since it is such an excellent tip. I was having loads of trouble with pellon craft fuse sticking to my fabrics. I was doing everything that I could possibly think of to get that stuff to bond, no luck. No luck until I read a post here on craftster from a really long time ago... A craftster used a marble slab as an ironing board and ironed the interfacing and fabric right on the marble. Being an avid baker, I have a piece of marble to roll out my pie crusts. Well, I pulled it out this morning and decided to give it a try. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! See, my problem was that the fabric and interfacing would warp and bubble on me when I used my ironing board. I never thought that that was my problem until I actually felt how cushy my iron pad was. The hard surface forced the fabric and craft fuse together. The pad on my ironing board was giving my fabric and interfacing a place to 'melt' into and thus creating all sorts of waves on my fabric. Now I no longer have to throw away those 5 yards of craft fuse I had in my fabric stash. phew!