For what reason(s) did you take up knitting in the first place? My mother is a knitter - and there was a badge in Brownies for knitting.
2. What are some of the greatest benefits, in your opinion, that come from being a knitter or knitting? Relaxation, keeps my hands busy and I get a sense of accomplishment.
3. In what ways is knitting preferable to other crafts or hobbies? Portable, useful projects, very tactile.
4. What types of things would you say to someone to convince him/her to give knitting a try? If there is a interest but a concern for being able to master the craft, I would say - 'practice makes perfect'.
5. What is your favorite part of knitting? finding new ways to knit - currently knitting with wire to make jewellry. Also do a lot of felting.
6. Do you have any favorite knitting stories to share? If so, please do! (These can be about anything related to knitting) I felt slippers for a local craft show. This year I was asked to do 10 pairs of slippers in short order. When my customer came to pick them up he came with his partner - who turned out to be a local dress designer who is very well known - now every time I seehim on TV I expect the camera to pan down and show him with my furry felted slippers on his feet!
7. Anything else?