Swap name: Winterlicious Celebrations Matchbox Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Onyxnox
Sign-up date range: November 13-28, 2014
Date to send item by: December 29, 2014
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 20
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO - No
If so, which country? No limits
Additional Age requirement? None beyond that set out by Craftster
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: NA
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Participants will be assigned swap recipient information, and make them a decorated matchbox based on their swap questionnaire or stalking, and fill said matchbox with whatever teeny, tiny goodies/ephemera they feel their recipient would like - fillers can be hand made, store bought, or found. All in keeping with a very general winter celebration theme...
Participants can also have the option of sending 1 or 2 matchboxes - if you sign up to send 2, then you will receive two in return also. But keep in mind that you may not be receiving from the people you are assigned to send to.
NO EXTRAS please - if it doesn't fit in the matchbox - then don't send it! You can cram the matchbox to near bursting, but nothing outside of it!
The matchbox can be decorated in any fashion, with any medium/material, so long as it is decorated with utmost care, creativity, skill, and attention to detail that each participant is able to muster - you are making a tiny work of art
As matchboxes can vary in size, the minimum size expected for entry into this swap will be the standard 32-40 pack size, that appears to be 0.5"x1.5"x 2". This is for the drawer style opening box, not a matchbook. Bigger can be sent - but please keep in the spirit of the game, and not send a matchbox meant to hole 500 matches!
Finally - please communicate well. Post in the threads, PM myself and your recipient when you send, and PM myself and your sender when you receive.
Please post in the gallery - thank yous to show your appreciation, and pictures if you can so everyone can oooh and ahhhh over the small piece of art you received. If not able to post pics, then please let your sender know so they can post any pics they have. Also, don't forget to send the shipping information - DCs if in the US or tracking if available. If the package is too small for tracking, keep proof of shipping, especially if the package goes missing. If packages go missing, I will ask if senders want to resend or not, before looking for an angel to replace missing packages.
For those interested in making their own matchboxes, try this link.http://blog.swap-bot.com/rachels-matchbox-template/
Previous matchbox galleries for inspiration...http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421460.0
Round 6 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377824.0
Round 3 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161337.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap - Winterlicious Celebrations Matchbox Swap
Craftster username -
Email address -
Your real name -
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
ADD OTHER SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS HERE...
1. Please list your top 5 themes (for example - Christmas, New Years, zombies in winter, snowflakes, ice skating, dogs playing in the snow, snowball fights, holidays in Hawaii...)
2. Please list any dislikes/aversions you want your partner to know about, including allergies, hated themes, despised colours, no scents, no smoking, etc
3. How many people do you want to send to/receive from - 1 or 2?
4. Any links for further stalking, such as a pinterest link, blog, etc?
5. Anything else you want to let us know about (the type of crafting you like to do/want to do, how many matchboxes you want to send in one package, how you intend to display it or use it...)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.