I'm so excited!!!!
Claiming this spot!h
I received from bunny1kenobi... but I am playing the odds, and knowing my lack of self restraint (ask every bag of chips I ever met!), I am not opening it yet.... maybe...
Here is the package after I opened the shipping box! Santa has come to town!!!!!Day 1
- woohoo!!!!! I got a beautiful green and red tree skirt in a dresden pattern. It is nice and large, which is perfect, as I have started hating the crocheted one I made as it is too small. I am having trouble with the USB port on my computer so will upload when I get it fixed up! We still have to pick up our tree. It may be used in the meantime as an ad hoc dog poncho for display purposes Day 2
- Jim says thank you too!!!!! BBQ spices!!!! Can't wait to try these! Thank you! It's been warm enough here that we have been able to BBQ too - not that that has stopped Jim before - there could be a foot of snow and he will happily sizzle a few steaks on the grill....
OK, Day 3
is a gift, with a gift, in a gift.... so, it will be pic heavy!!!!
Awesome, and HUGE pile of tags - I definitely will not need to get tags at all for this year, and maybe the next or so!
Then I unwrapped and found this fabulous snowman box - look at that beading and the sequins!
I thought that was it, until I opened it... Look at this wonderful filigree ornament!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Thank you so much Bunny1Kenobi - I love them all so far!Day 4
- OMG, these are hilarious and adorable!!!! Death does Christmas cards!!!!! I love them!
How cute is the Santa Death?
And the lights on the scythe?
But my favourite is Death and the mistletoe - look at the adorable kiss mark and the little heart - LOVE the love!!!!Day 5
- another 2 in 1 package - I wondered, because wrapped, it was mysteriously flat, then lumpy.
She sent me a fantastic handmade recipe book, with many recipes by her husband. Gotta love hubbies who cook! They are certainly keepers! I can't wait to try the shrimp recipes, and was just saying to mine the other day that I will make him a GF fried chicken soon - I am going to try B1K's husband's recipe with rice flour or something like that.
The well wrapped lump is three adorably teeny bottles of very pure oils - lemon, peppermint, lavender - exactly the three I would have picked for myself. Perfect, as I may be making some peppermint cups for some friends soon. Also, when the bottles are empty, these bottles are too cute not to use for something else - right?
OK... so I am a bit behind, but I am glad I waited. It's actually making me a bit sad, that we are almost at the end of this swap - anticipation is half the fun!Day 6
- I LOVE MY DAY 6 - the note said for the love of dogs so I just KNEW I was going to love it, and I did - I am wearing it right now and it may not come off until I next go back to work. I would wear it all the time, except there are too many grabby hands at work and I try never to wear anything around my neck at work now (sadly, a couple of my colleagues have been strangled in some way shape or form in the past few years, accidentally or on purpose, so no one should wear anything around their neck if possible).
A dog paw floating charm necklace!!!! I love the black base and how shiny the crystals are. I *LOVE* the dog paw charm, so sweet!Day 7
was a great Steampunk set - I love the simple earrings, they may be my new everyday earrings since they are not dangly, and I love the mix of the dragonfly in with the gears and time charm!Day 8
was a cool mix of goodies - I love little notes and ephemera, have an obsession with socks, and both Jim and I are KISS fans - love the KISS chapstick. Am going to hide that one from Jim, he will be jealous
Let's not even mention that it is strawberry flavoured - I love strawberries!Day 9
is a copy of Beowulf - I have always loved the shortened versions I have read and will be happy to read the translated version - the note said to look inside though, and I found a great little bookmark inside - it is so true too. Especially with crafting and that darned housework stuff that gets in the way, my main reading time now is late at night, before going to sleep and I do keep falling asleep as I read!
Day 10 is this soft, colourful infinity scarf - I love it. It is very light - perfect for when it is not too cold, like right now! We are breaking record highs for this time of year. I was out for a dentist appointment wearing a t-shirt and light yoga jacket!
Day 11 - ARGH!!! LOVE THIS - I love Alice in Wonderland and she made me a fantastic We are all Mad Here shirt - the paint is a marbled turquoise and black, and has some cool sparkly flecks in it - love it!
Day 12 - I am so sad to see this end! I have one more package, I am saving that for tomorrow
But today's is so cool - it is cow print decorated black hand towels - they are already hanging in use!
Oh shoot - OK, I packed my camera already to take over to MILs for Christmas... I will load the pics tonight, or tomorrow, when we are home. I promise!
OMG - it was such a busy holiday, I forgot my camera at MILs, and we are just exhausted now. But here is the pic of the cow towels, and I am going to open my extra little package now too...
Oh yay!!!!!! My extras are Lindt specialty bars - they are the chili chocolate and the orange and almond! It has been a really rich treat filled holiday for us, so I popped these into the freezer so I can enjoy them slowly, and later!
Thank you Audania1 for organizing and bunny1kenobi for being a wonderful partner!