I made some coffee liqueur. Just because. You know, for funsies. Because a friend gave me a huge bottle of vodka that I didn't know what else to do with.
The recipe wasn't difficult. I halved it and it still made a growler and a half of the stuff. The flavor is good but it's very sweet.
- would make good gifts
- expensive ingredients (vanilla beans, alcohol, etc.)
- I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. Any suggestion? So far I've just been adding it to hot chocolate.
- takes about a month Lemony Wheat Berries with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I also made this recipe for wheat berries and brussels sprouts. The hubster and I are trying to eat a little healthier. And this was really good. But it wasn't a main course. Next time I think I'll serve as a side to chicken or fish.
- good for you
- the wheat berries have an awesome chewy texture
- take a little while to make because the wheat berries need to cook for close to an hour